News:

SMF - Just Installed!

fightalpha

Call Paypal
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:35:31 am »
Paypal is currently building a "list" of people who want refunds from Alpha. If a threshold is met, they will begin refunding paypal payments, even though it's passed the 45 days.

You must CALL IN and get a Ticket #. Contact them here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-phone

Some advice I got from someone who called in successfully:
I told the initial rep pretty much everything that has happened and that they should expect to receive numerous claims against this company. She then looked into how many complaints the company was receiving and transferred me to a manager or escalated dispute agent. I re explained the situation and she said she would file the dispute even though it will automatically get rejected. When they have enough of these auto rejections it raises flags. The name of the dispute agent I talked to was Ice.

Another SUCCESS story!!! This guy actually got *refunded* https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=378766
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:21:30 am by fightalpha »
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

Shitaki

Re: Call Paypal
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:35:38 pm »
Did they say how many they need and have?

I did pay through PayPal, but I'll call even though my credit card company is reversing this anyhow. 

fightalpha

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:58 pm »
No, they didn't give an exact timeline. You're a hero.

Hercules

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 04:27:05 pm »
I will phone in monday, could you try advertising this Paypal refund possibility more on other forums in AT threads?
Since I have the same user name there as on the AT forum it would be obvious.

fightalpha

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »
AT will ban me outright if I do that. I need to plan carefully. I plan to advertise this forum when AT is asleep, so I get some good exposure before they wake up and ban me.

Hercules

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:40:23 am »
Called Paypal, the opened 2 tickets and told me they would be closed right away, but more and more red flags, will at least prevent AT form ever using PP again.
Bigger suprise to me was that they told me AT had received the funds the same day of my payment.
The excuse AT uses that production got delayed because of PP witholding funds is total BS...
PP told me my only chance in recovering any funds would be the CC company however, so I also filed a chargeback there.

refundseeker

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:31:34 pm »
I just got off the phone with PayPal. Be advised that although they have a policy of 45 days before and now 180 days starting in Nov 2014, if enough people who used PayPal will just call them and discuss this dispute, they will continue to add to a "collective" complaint list and if enough people complain about AT then they will go after them. They do not have enough yet so CALL CALL CALL them.  The person I spoke to at PayPal also emailed me a form that I can fill out to start up an FBI report for the FBI to go look into this matter and see what they can do. I would say that all of us should also go to that link and file a grievance so the FBI can fight in our behalf. Here is the information I just received from PayPal:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Jorge and I am happy to assist you. If you did not open a dispute on a transaction within 45 days, you aren’t covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. However, you can still file a report online through the Internet Crime Complaint Center, or IC3.

The IC3 was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints.

The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant. They will process your complaint if they receive accurate and complete information from you.

When filing a complaint, provide the following information:
•   Your name
•   Your mailing address
•   Your telephone number
•   The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
•   Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
•   Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.

You can file a complaint with the IC3 at www.ic3.gov.

To learn more about PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy, go to www.paypal.com and click "Security and Protection" at the top of the page.
Don't forget, we're always around if you need us. Just click "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page to visit our improved Help Center.

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."

You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.
Sincerely,
Jorge
PayPal Customer Solutions
PayPal, an eBay Company

By the way, I still have an active case with Bank Of America. I just sent them a 23 page fax containing my complaint along with several emails from Alpha Technology that shows how they have been deceptive to us along the way.  Their emails are the best way to demonstrate what they promised us and how they have led us along.  I plan to send as many of those old forum emails and other AT emails that I received. There is plenty of evidence that AT tried to make themselves look good on paper but have produced nothing but excuses all this time. I even have some of the UK laws posted by some of you from this forum and from the BitCoinTalk forum referred to so that the FBI can contact the appropriate agencies in the UK to look into Alpha Tech activities and practices.

You know, AT could have just kept things simple and refunded whomever wanted to be refunded but instead they have broken their own country's consumer protection laws. I guess they thought no one who is their customer is competent enough to read things for themselves and take action. Well, I think there are plenty of us who are willing to take action.

Don't miss out. Call PayPal and file with the FBI to start the process of seeking justice concerning the practices of Alpha Technologies.

Hercules

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »
After contact with CC company, Paypal seemed to have reopened my cases. So keep trying!

Alpha Technology (int) Ltd PP-003-440-199-767 Item not received
Chargeback
-£1 635,00 GBP

Alpha Technology (int) Ltd PP-003-444-056-543 Item not received
Chargeback
-£3 270,00 GBP

Alphasux

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »
I just called Paypal and opened up a dispute. Alpha refunded me 50% already but I want 100% now.

LeeroyJenkins

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 07:54:30 pm »
I filed a dispute online, and then followed up by calling PayPal, it was outside the 45 day window (duh, everyone's order is at this point) and they can not do more than add this as a red flag on the company listing of Alpha.

A chargeback with your bank, if applicable, is the best course of action to get your funds, however we all need to put the pressure on paypal to do something about this legally.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:04 am »
I just spoke with Pay Pal.  I was given a claim # regarding the dispute even though it is LONG past the 45 day window.  They also suggested a claim with IC3.gov would help and that I may be contacted in the future by Pay Pal regarding the transaction.

I really just wanted a miner.  At this point it's clear to me that Alpha is not even making an effort to comfort the customers who stuck by their side.  Simple updates would of gone a long way.

Best of luck to everyone with this unfortunate situation.

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 09:37:28 pm »
After receiving the email about another Pay Pal refund I tried calling them again to discuss why I was unable to see my "open" claim in my resolution center.  I have a case number for which they can see information but I cannot see or add to.  They kept with their 45 day policy.  Regardless that I wanted to show them particular evidence, they had no interest in allowing me to do so.

If you are able to get a refund, please share your process in detail.  Thanks.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:17 pm »
I received this email today from Pay Pal...

"When you open a dispute in the Resolution Center, you must follow some
specific guidelines. We automatically close or defer cases that don't
follow these guidelines.

If you’re not satisfied, we encourage you to work directly with the seller
to resolve the problem (you’ll find their contact information on the
Transaction Details page). Most sellers welcome the opportunity to make
their buyers happy.

You have to open a dispute within 45 days of the transaction date. You
opened your dispute more than 45 days after the transaction date, so it was
automatically closed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services"

refundseeker

Re: Call Paypal- My full refund info
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 09:54:03 pm »
It seems like there is a lot of traffic in this thread so I will repost my FULL REFUND from PayPal for the 30% down payment I made in Jan 2014:

Here is the information showing that I did indeed get a reversal and full refund from PayPal for the 30% down payment I initially paid to Alpha-t.  I hope this helps you all get your money back. 
My original payment to Alpha-t was on Jan 4, 2014.
PayPal reversed this payment for me on Oct 3, 2014
My name is:  Randal Shoup
Reversal (Unique Transaction ID # 55H06240T7828644W)
See related 6YU14735AK051702W  ( This was my original Jan 4 purchase ID.)

Original Transaction
 Date                   Type                                                                                 Status                       
 Jan 4, 2014   Payment To Alpha Technology (int) Ltd      Reversed     

PayPal reversed this payment and returned the money to your PayPal account.     Amount -£405.00 GBP

Related Transactions
 Oct 3, 2014   Reversal    Completed    ...   £405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   -£405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   $629.87 USD

Business Name:   
Alpha Technology (int) Ltd
Email: customer@alpha-t.net

If this was helpful to you and you want to make a BTC donation:
1PEkPx2o6uXABysUjLJFeFkabFyhTrgbDB
Thanks

supertimers

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »
I payed through paypal for the deposit via bank transfer..

PayPal tole me to contact my bank as a backup.  Chase doesn't allow anything past 60 days for ACH transfers.

Anyone getting PAYPAL refunds without having to get a bank reversal?