News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Re: Call Paypal- My full refund info
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 11:53:29 pm »
It seems like there is a lot of traffic in this thread so I will repost my FULL REFUND from PayPal for the 30% down payment I made in Jan 2014:

Here is the information showing that I did indeed get a reversal and full refund from PayPal for the 30% down payment I initially paid to Alpha-t.  I hope this helps you all get your money back. 
My original payment to Alpha-t was on Jan 4, 2014.
PayPal reversed this payment for me on Oct 3, 2014
My name is:  Randal Shoup
Reversal (Unique Transaction ID # 55H06240T7828644W)
See related 6YU14735AK051702W  ( This was my original Jan 4 purchase ID.)

Original Transaction
 Date                   Type                                                                                 Status                       
 Jan 4, 2014   Payment To Alpha Technology (int) Ltd      Reversed     

PayPal reversed this payment and returned the money to your PayPal account.     Amount -£405.00 GBP

Related Transactions
 Oct 3, 2014   Reversal    Completed    ...   £405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   -£405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   $629.87 USD

Business Name:   
Alpha Technology (int) Ltd
Email: customer@alpha-t.net

If this was helpful to you and you want to make a BTC donation:
1PEkPx2o6uXABysUjLJFeFkabFyhTrgbDB
Thanks

It's wonderful that you received a refund.  Thanks for posting.  However, I think the more valuable info would be HOW you achieved this.

refundseeker

Re: Call Paypal
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 07:14:00 pm »
Here is another PayPal story by another AT customer trying to get their money back:

ilostmyface:
Hey Guys..

I just called PAYPAL a second time today after calling a week ago with no much help from them on the phone.  I was transferred to the Protection Services department pretty quickly. The person I spoke with this time was pretty helpful on my request for a refund due to not receiving product. He didn't question my allegations against the seller.

He said ( We will re-open this dispute against the seller and look into the sellers history and determine if a refund is possible.  He explained that PayPal doesn't like to be the one to fit bill on a reversal and advised calling my bank and asking for a reversal on my ACH transfer for the purchase as a backup.

He also advised contacting ic3.gov and placing a complaint with the FBI.

I called my CHASE bank shortly after to see if they could do a reversal on my transaction from JANUARY. They told my they can't doing any reversals on ACH transfers past 60 days.. :/

Anyone else have any other experience with a BANK via ACH transfer?

So its PAYPAL or nothing..

refundseeker

Re: Call Paypal- My full refund info
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »
It seems like there is a lot of traffic in this thread so I will repost my FULL REFUND from PayPal for the 30% down payment I made in Jan 2014:

Here is the information showing that I did indeed get a reversal and full refund from PayPal for the 30% down payment I initially paid to Alpha-t.  I hope this helps you all get your money back. 
My original payment to Alpha-t was on Jan 4, 2014.
PayPal reversed this payment for me on Oct 3, 2014
My name is:  Randal Shoup
Reversal (Unique Transaction ID # 55H06240T7828644W)
See related 6YU14735AK051702W  ( This was my original Jan 4 purchase ID.)

Original Transaction
 Date                   Type                                                                                 Status                       
 Jan 4, 2014   Payment To Alpha Technology (int) Ltd      Reversed     

PayPal reversed this payment and returned the money to your PayPal account.     Amount -£405.00 GBP

Related Transactions
 Oct 3, 2014   Reversal    Completed    ...   £405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   -£405.00 GBP
 Oct 3, 2014   Currency Conversion    Completed    Details   $629.87 USD

Business Name:   
Alpha Technology (int) Ltd
Email: customer@alpha-t.net

If this was helpful to you and you want to make a BTC donation:
1PEkPx2o6uXABysUjLJFeFkabFyhTrgbDB
Thanks

It's wonderful that you received a refund.  Thanks for posting.  However, I think the more valuable info would be HOW you achieved this.

Ok, I will recount a few of the things the call center person and I discussed:

* I started by telling the rep that I was not interested in hearing or discussing the 45 day or 180 day dispute file date from date of payment which for me was 4 Jan 2014. I told the rep that I instead just wanted to talk to their Protection services or Legal department. The rep said that this would not be necessary since AT had lots of complaints and that there were many other disputes filed recently.
* I added that I had read on internet sites that other PayPal users had already been refunded.
* I stated that  AT has passed their Q2/Q3 ship date on 30 Sep.
* I stated that AT does not have a working unit to date. (Oct 3, 2014)
* I stated that AT had erroneously claimed all AT customers were a business, but did this after we paid our 30% down. This was not a condition of AT's when we originally signed up.
* I told her that AT stated in May 2014 that they would be ready to ship by July 2014. I could have asked for a refund before July 2014 and gotten that refund straight from AT but I trusted their claim of a July shipment.  AT full well knew at the time of claiming this that they did not have a product and would not be shipping then but hid that from their customers.
* I told her that AT offered a CC payment option in July supposedly 2 weeks before expected July shipment, full well knowing that they would not be ready to ship within two weeks. The CC processor stopped taking payments when they found out that AT did not have a finished product to offer.
* I told her that AT claimed that PayPal withheld payment of my down payment to AT due to AT not having a product. I told PayPal also that AT claimed this and that they had to get another investor in order to make up for that money.  I pointed out to PayPal that with this disclosure by AT, if it was true, that my 45 day period to file a dispute was still valid since AT did not receive payment yet. PayPal told me that they had indeed paid AT my money immediately. I then stated then that AT was deceiving all of their customers then for some unknown reason.

These were a few of the things we discussed on the day I got my refund. I made it crystal clear to the call center rep that I had paid on 4 Jan 2014 and that the original Terms stated that there was a graduated scale for refunds in the event that I wanted out for my own reasons. I made it clear also that at the fifth month it stated only 50% refund available but that the original terms did not say what the refund was after five months.

The call center person stated that this was not an issue since the Terms of Purchase stated Q2/Q3 ship date, which AT had obviously not held up to their part of the deal.  The rep gave me an immediate refund of my 30% down payment on the spot on that basis only.  I transferred the money from PayPal to my bank account immediately and within 3 days it posted in my bank.

I also asked the rep about what would happen if AT fought back and would not pay PayPal back. She told me that the only problem I might have is if I refused to take shipment by 30 Sep 2014. Since it was already 3 Oct 2014 and I had not been given the opportunity by AT to finalize my purchase, then I had nothing to be concerned with.

So as you can see, there was no magic performed by me to get the refund. I just happened to come across one of the call center reps who cut through the bull and gave me the refund.