News:

SMF - Just Installed!

glock20

Full Refund Settling Out of Court!
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:26:59 am »
So, I filed my claim a few months ago, and it got transferred to the county court. Unfortunately, I got busy and forgot to pay my court fees.  :-[ So then, of course I got a letter in the mail that said my claim was stuck out because I didn't pay the fees.

A couple days later, I got CC'd on an email from Alpha to the court. It said:
Dear Court Manager,

I am writing to inform the court that it will not be possible for me to attend this hearing in-person. In lieu of my attendance, I am requesting that the court decide the claim in my absence.

Attached to this e-mail is my witness statement for this case. I have attached the claimant to this e-mail so you can be sure they received it as well as my witness statement.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to provide or if any of these documents do not meet the needs of the court.

Thank you,

Mohammed Akram

I thought this was odd because my claim was actually not going to court. Alpha must have received a letter that it was, though. So, on a whim, I replied to Alpha with:

Mohammed,

If you are interested, I am willing to cancel the lawsuit in exchange for Alpha refunding me the remaining 50% of my order through PayPal to [email]. You already refunded me half; now I just want the other half.

However, if you decline, I will continue to press charges.

The very NEXT DAY, I received this email from Alpha, along with my full PayPal refund:

Hello there,

Thank you for your patience. Your order has been successfully refunded in full.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

I realize that people have been receiving full refunds with interest, but in my case, it was way easier to settle out of court. Good luck, everyone!

laner77

Re: Full Refund Settling Out of Court!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 12:40:38 pm »
I have sent them the exact same response with nothing back from them.

I really would like to know how these guys make their decisions.  Their initial defence was because they couldn't reconcile my name/address (my UK mailing address) with an actual customer, but their witness statement they submitted went on about me not being eligible for refund due to the T&C.  That point is completely invalid as I had never requested a refund, they initiated it and refused to talk to me.

I honestly though they would at least get back to me willing to setlle...