News:

SMF - Just Installed!

fightalpha

PayPal Honors Court Judgement!
« on: May 20, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »
EXCELLENT NEWS. After a customer had won a court judgement against Alpha, they wrote in to PayPal; directly to their  legal department and they paid up!

They refunded the money in full, but it didn't include court costs so the customer still needs to get that through another means.. but a huge chunk of his money he has finally gotten back after a long time waiting (he ordered in early 2014).

I've attached a copy of PayPal's response. Thanks everyone and know that this is an avenue you have open thanks to this smart guy!

EDIT: Here's the letter the person sent:
---------------------------------------------------

Dear PayPal Legal Team,

I’ve been asked to contact you regarding a legal judgment I received against Alpha Technology. I made a payment to Alpha Technology, via PayPal, on [DATE]. I sent payment for a product, that to this day, has not been received. Recently I brought a lawsuit against Alpha Technology to the [COUNTY COURT WHERE CASE WAS HEARD]. The court found that Alpha Technology had acted unreasonably and had broken the terms of agreement. A judgment was issued to the claimant, [CLAIMANT NAME]. It is to my understanding, through numerous talks with PayPal customer service, that my original funds have not been released to Alpha Technology. I request that based on the judgment that has been awarded by the court, that PayPal refund this money back to my account. I’ve included the original PayPal transaction, County Court Judgment, and my personal witness statement used in the court hearing.  Please let me know if there are more supporting documents needed.

[YOUR NAME]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:07:11 pm by fightalpha »
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

fookalphat

Re: PayPal Honors Court Judgement!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:38:35 pm »
EXCELLENT NEWS. After a customer had won a court judgement against Alpha, they wrote in to PayPal; directly to their  legal department and they paid up!

They refunded the money in full, but it didn't include court costs so the customer still needs to get that through another means.. but a huge chunk of his money he has finally gotten back after a long time waiting (he ordered in early 2014).

I've attached a copy of PayPal's response. Thanks everyone and know that this is an avenue you have open thanks to this smart guy!

Can you please try to obtain the original letter wording which was used to obtain this result

AleksFG

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:56:54 am »
Money through Paypal, they returned in January.
How to get them to return the money that had been sent to Bitpay?

fightalpha

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 05:33:08 pm »
You need to force them with a form N349 if they used BitPay.

AleksFG

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 06:41:18 pm »

What kind of shape? You can have more detail please.
How do I know, have not failed to return the money which has paid using Bitpay, not one person

deck16

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 10:48:38 am »
Can you please explain in a bit more detail? If someone paid via BitPay, BitPay has transferred the money to the bank account of alpha, and you must know the details of the bank account to file N349. An then it only makes sense to file when there is still money on it, which you don’t know unless you obtained an order of information. If there is no money on the account you paid the 100 Pounds fee for nothing.

fightalpha

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 08:48:54 pm »
There is *certainly* money in their PayPal account, so you would target that account instead of bank account (or both for best chances!)

johannes

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 03:55:00 pm »
Someone had  success with third Party Debt Order?
(I paid by bank transfer)

laner77

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 06:14:48 pm »
I queried PayPal to see if they honour TPDO's but they said they do not:

"With regards to your inquiry if we do comply with court orders made when issuing a Third Party Debt Order, we do not necessarily work with them since we have our own process. In the event that a certain seller owes PayPal or has an issue with their buyers, normally their PayPal account will be put on hold or will be locked until their issue or their negative balance is resolved."