News:

SMF - Just Installed!

fightalpha

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
« on: September 12, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »
Winner, judgment granted : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=94043

I'm trying to get more details posted on this forum.

Winner, judgment granted : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=94043

This was his claim:

"Winner, judgment granted : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=94043

This was his claim:

"I placed an order for a product paying a 30% deposit of via Bank Transfer with the agreement that the remaining 70% would be paid 8 - 10 weeks before the item was shipped. Since I ordered, the product has changed and is no longer suitable for me as the power requirements are a lot higher than original specification. I have requested a refund however I have only been offered £132.5, and now the company has stopped responding to emails. The original power requirements were less than 70W, however the new specifications have the power requirement as less than 375W. Running this 24 hours a day (which is what this item is designed for) will increase the cost to me over a year from the originally expected £66.48 to now be £361. When the specification of the item was changed I was not asked if I wanted a refund, I am now looking to reclaim the amount I paid originally. I have not yet received this item, it is estimated to ship in September."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:34:27 pm by fightalpha »
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

refundseeker

PayPal Success
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:50:27 pm »
Tada!!!  Unbelievable! I went back to PayPal after reading that others have pressed PayPal with escalating to their Protection department or PayPal legal, and when I brought this up, the person on the other end said that many more Alpha T customers are on the list and regardless of Alpha T terms of purchase for refunds, since they have not shipped the unit to me and do not have a unit as proof that it exists, I get my money back NOW !  All I need to do now is go to PayPal and transfer the refund they just gave me for my 50Mh ghost unit and put that money back into my bank account!!!!!

I did take the time to fully explain the original refund policy of AT. I also made it clear about how AT took final payment and had to stop in July after the CC processor found out they did not have a product to ship. I also told the person that after I paid for my unit in January 2014, that AT sometime much later in the year tried to categorize all of us customers as businesses. The call center PayPal person was aware of all these things. She told me that her decision to give me back my money is solely based on no product being able to be shipped at this time. There is no way AT can wiggle out of this one. They have no product to ship, regardless of all the other conditions they tried to impose and lies they tried to tell to us.   Their day is over.

I suggest that if you used PayPal as payment, now is the time to strike and call back. Ask to escalate directly to their Protection or Legal department and make clear how you paid and never got your unit as promised by AT's own imposed NLT ship date of 30 Sep. You should be able to immediately get your money back.

Note from fightalpha: Sorry, I meant to modify my message above this one, but I accidentally modified refundseeker's message instead. I posted this not him, the original message is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg9071828#msg9071828
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:03:07 pm by fightalpha »

Alphavictim

Re: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:37:19 am »
Hi,

Did PayPal refund your money right away over the phone or did they advise that PayPal will contact Alpha T to refund the deposit fund to you?
As I called PayPal today and this is what PayPal advised me they will contact Alpha T to give my money back and also asked me for the URL address of this forum. PayPal did mention that they are reviewing Alpha T blah blah. I will wait and see what will happpen in a few days.

supertimers

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 12:05:37 am »
I am wondering the same ? Was it immediate paypal refunded the money via the phone? or did they do it after the phone conversation?

I just called paypal and they said they would contact the seller for a refund? My bank call didn't go so well since CHASE is saying they are unable to do anything since it was an  ACH transfer and they are unable to do anything past 60 days..

refundseeker

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:45:41 pm »
As for my FULL REFUND from PayPal, it was immediately done by them.  I have a larger post done today with more details if you want to go look for it.  Good luck.  My full refund was for the 30% down payment of $629 and change. I did lose a bit due to pounds to dollars conversion. I guess the pound is worth less when I got my refund. I only lost $50 because of this.  I did not have to go for a refund of the final 70% payment since AT has never re-offered that CC payment option. Thank God!!!  They can't offer that option, even today on 22 Oct since they STILL do NOT have a finished product to ship. Not even a prototype. What a loser company!!!