News:

SMF - Just Installed!

fightalpha

Step 5: Check your claim status every few days
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:19:12 am »
When you log into MoneyClaim, you can see the status of the claim. This is especially important if you live outside of the UK, because the mail forwarding service takes some days to reach you, and by the time it reaches you you *might* be overdue on responding.

No fear! Once you see that alpha has filed a defense, like so:

Click on "Recent Transactions" then click on "PDF" to view their defense. It's most likely a BS defense that "You're not a UK resident". See here: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=29.0

You can respond via email. Respond by filling out form n180 (attached). It's relatively short and quick. I've attached the form and a sample of it completed. The "Name of Court" should be "County Court Business Centre", but verify this by looking at the PDF you downloaded above.

That's it! Alpha will have a couple of weeks to respond. If they don't, you get a default judgement (They haven't responded to mine yet). If they do, you're on your way to court! Remember, you DO NOT HAVE TO ATTEND. Everything can be done in writing. It will be an open an close case. :)

Form N180 must be completed and submitted to the court via one of the correspondence options below:

The County Court Business Centre
St. Katharine’s House
21 – 27 St. Katharine’s Street
Northampton
NN1 2LH

Email: ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
Fax:    0870 324 0166

I sent via email and they received it no problem.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:52:26 am by fightalpha »
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

B1A2

Re: Step 5: Check your claim status every few days
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:31:28 pm »
what if we cannot attend the court date? Also, how can we submit evidence like a receipt?

B1A2

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:52:34 pm »
also, have you won your case yet and recieved a judgement after they did not respond to mediation? or are you still waiting? If you are waiting, how long do you typically have to wait before requesting a judgement?

B1A2

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »
well i submitted my documents for medation but have heard nothing back from the courts and nothing has changed in my money claim. Should I just file again and include proof that i did pay the 70%? That was alpha's defense- that i had already been refunded my 30% (which is true through paypal) but i never paid the remaining 70%.

Obviously I have bank reciepts and a reciept from their system stating I paid. My question is if I should just file another money claim against them and this time include reciepts since A) there has been no movement from the courts or in money claim and B) they dont have to opt to enter mediation

Just looking for some advice here from someone who has one their court case or is currently in mediation.

refundseeker

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 10:36:26 pm »
Of course you should file again since you have more information and you have more money outstanding.  Go get em....

Sammy87

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:19 pm »
Keep attacking on all fronts that are open to you.  Ensure that Alpha are aware that you are attacking on all fronts available to you and that you aren't going to go away; that is just as crucial.   

You have already opted for mediation which they seem to have ignored.  This is mistake on their part and the court will frown upon this.  Check the official progress first and if you need to open a second case, you should also apply the fees from the first case in your final claim amount.   *Make sure that the court is aware of those receipts as they destroy Alpha's defence and proves to the court that they are capable of whopping, great lies.  If you can't update your claim with this information and need to start a fresh claim then do it asap.  It's also worth considering posting a 2nd copy of those receipts to Alpha.  They may wish to refund you rather than having to pick up the court fees on top.

Relentlessness is key.

Edit*
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:15:15 am by Sammy87 »

fightalpha

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 06:36:02 am »
well i submitted my documents for medation but have heard nothing back from the courts and nothing has changed in my money claim. Should I just file again and include proof that i did pay the 70%? That was alpha's defense- that i had already been refunded my 30% (which is true through paypal) but i never paid the remaining 70%.

Obviously I have bank reciepts and a reciept from their system stating I paid. My question is if I should just file another money claim against them and this time include reciepts since A) there has been no movement from the courts or in money claim and B) they dont have to opt to enter mediation

Just looking for some advice here from someone who has one their court case or is currently in mediation.

Call MoneyClaim first and get their advice. They will let you know if you must open a new case.

MoonCat

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 09:30:32 am »
Well here goes, I have just submitted my claim.
They have 2 weeks to respond.

I am a UK resident so let's see what happens, I will keep you updated.  ::)

coinjake

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 02:03:51 pm »
OK, moving forward - I filed the initial claim and got their bs defence about being outside the uk.  Now I'm unclear about form N180.  Is the "Hearing Venue" supposed to be the County Court Business Centre (as referenced on the defence), or somewhere else?  I mean, I'd "prefer" a US location.  Also, in the example image, the fee portion is left blank.  Leaflet ex50 doesn't make it any clearer for a newbie.  Thoughts?

B1A2

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 05:18:24 pm »
welp, still havent heard anything back from the courts on mediation so I think I need to call the courts to figure out what to do next. I don't neccessarily want to file a second claim and pay the money to end up in this exact same spot- alpha t lying through their teeth and then hitting a wall at the mediation point since courts havent emailed me back and I dont know what next steps to take.

I am unsure on how to update an existing claim to include reciepts- I see nowhere in the court system to do so?

Also, I have recieved no official paperwork in the mail- i wonder if the forwarding address company isnt sending stuff, or is the court just not sending stuff?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:19:24 am by fightalpha »

fightalpha

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 03:17:58 am »
OK, moving forward - I filed the initial claim and got their bs defence about being outside the uk.  Now I'm unclear about form N180.  Is the "Hearing Venue" supposed to be the County Court Business Centre (as referenced on the defence), or somewhere else?  I mean, I'd "prefer" a US location.  Also, in the example image, the fee portion is left blank.  Leaflet ex50 doesn't make it any clearer for a newbie.  Thoughts?

Yes, it's CCBC (see the sample filled out document: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36.0;attach=14)

fightalpha

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 03:19:33 am »
welp, still havent heard anything back from the courts on mediation so I think I need to call the courts to figure out what to do next. I don't neccessarily want to file a second claim and pay the money to end up in this exact same spot- alpha t lying through their teeth and then hitting a wall at the mediation point since courts havent emailed me back and I dont know what next steps to take.

I am unsure on how to update an existing claim to include reciepts- I see nowhere in the court system to do so?

Also, I have recieved no official paperwork in the mail- i wonder if the forwarding address company isnt sending stuff, or is the court just not sending stuff?

I believe you will have a chance to include all evidence on the actual court date. Call up MoneyClaim to confirm. Mail forwarding takes a long time.. it's OK though since it's all online anyway.

B1A2

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 03:22:54 am »
well there have been no changes to my moneyclaim since alpha submitted their defense- no updates about medation or anything

Paul66

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 11:41:26 am »

Yes, it's CCBC (see the sample filled out document: http://fightalpha.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36.0;attach=14)

can you please adjust the completed document as a PDF, I do not get the zip file on.

fightalpha

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 11:52:47 am »
I updated the sample completed forms as PDF