News:

SMF - Just Installed!

braaaah

Re: Step 5: Check your claim status every few days
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 06:58:01 pm »
Well here goes, I have just submitted my claim.
They have 2 weeks to respond.

I am a UK resident so let's see what happens, I will keep you updated.  ::)

MoonCat, what's the status of your claim? Did they file a defense within the 2 weeks?

braaaah

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 09:32:15 pm »
Today, Alpha filed its defense in my case:

Customer has already been refunded via Bank Transfer. The customer was refunded as a goodwill gesture, even though our terms and conditions do not allow any refunds after a 5 month period of paying the deposit.

They're alluding to the 30 % refund that they gave me. Too bad that this wasn't what I was asking for - I filed for the remaining 70 %. Was anyone successful after sending the N180 form to the court?

fightalpha

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 06:05:01 am »
braaaah: After you send the n180 form, Alpha will have a deadline to respond. If they don't respond, you win by default. Most likely they will wait till  the very end and then respond, and you'll go to small claims. As long as you didn't agree to that 30% refund as a "full and final settlement", then you're good and you'll win in court. Even if you did, you'll probably win since UK law is above their shitty TOS.
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

braaaah

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 02:10:56 pm »
Today, I received a "Notice of Defence that Amount Claimed Has Been Paid" from the court. It contains Alpha's defence (as Form N9B) and a section titled "Claimant's Reply" where I'm presented with the following options:

1. I wish to proceed with the claim.
or
2. I do not wish to proceed with the claim.
3. I have sent a copy of this completed form to the defendant.

This seems to be a step necessary before sending Form N180. Has anyone received something similar?

laner77

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »
@braaaah:  Not in my case.  Their defence was that they didn't have my address in their system so they couldn't confirm that I was an actual customer.  I made sure when I submitted n180 that I noted both my mailing address and the shipping address are for myself.

My case has since been transferred to a Manchester court.  No clue how long it'll take from here.

fightalpha

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 05:04:06 am »
laner: You're close.. it should be another week or two.

braaaah

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 10:41:30 am »
I've sent the forms as PDFs to the email address provided in the first post. Has anyone ever received a reply other than the autoreply ("Thank you for emailing the County Court Business Centre’s ‘CCBC AQ’ Email Account.  We will endeavour to respond to your email within 10 working days")? I fear that I'll miss the deadline if I don't submit the documents via snail mail.

fightalpha

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 08:51:53 am »
braaah: DOn't worry.. they're notoriously bad for not responding (they've never responded to my emails). BUT if you wait 7-10 days then call in, they will verify that they got your documents.

I've never had trouble emailing in.

beta76

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 07:56:50 pm »
I also sent the form n180 to ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk and it worked out. The claim was transferred. Can any further conversation with the court also be done via email? Because on the forms you get from the court there is no email address provided.

fightalpha

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 04:09:19 am »
beta76: Manchester court email that I use is: e-filing@manchester.countycourt.gsi.gov.uk

beta76

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 01:53:11 pm »
thanks fightalpha for your support here. I also sent my forms to this email. So I guess it takes some time for a reply, as usually :) Just a bit strange they don't put an email on their forms, like fax number. Its a potential risk of wrong sending. So lets hope 2015 brings some good news up here for scammed alpha customers.

MoonCat

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »
Sorry I haven't logged on for a while. My Court Case is on March the 17th.
I will of course let you know the outcome.

fightalpha

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 09:08:49 pm »
@MoonCat: GREAT! Is it going to be in-person or in-writing? Please PM me if you'd like to share your documents, as I'm gathering together some documents for a bitcoin news outlet to keep the fire alive on Alpha. Official news outlets will also help the case (I'll put up another forum section with news articles that shed light on Alpha's shady dealings).

@beta76: Thank you for bringing people here. The more people we have, the stronger we are.

MoonCat

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 09:12:08 am »
@fightalpha:  It is 2pm in court in person. on March 17th. I skipped mediation as Alpha aren't being reasonable and I wanted a faster resolution.

BluePepsi

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 10:45:59 pm »
Question: I know the odd's are small, but if you lose the claim, do you have to pay for the laywer/court expenses from Alpha-T?