News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Sanj

Need help please on first email to alpha?
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:53:33 am »
Hi

I just need a little help on my first mail to alpha, if anyone could check it and see if i have made any errors i would appreciate it alot. Also can anyone tell me what the original power consumption was for the viper before any of the upgrades, as i need to add it to my mail and i'm not sure if its correct. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd
66 Dickenson Road
Manchester
M14 5HF
England, UK

Dear Alpha Technology,
[Re: Alpha Technology breached their Terms of Order. My Order is #00000]

I have been trying to contact you about why i was banned from the alpha forums for mentioning the true facts and something that you know to be true. You seem to have no regard as to your customers concerns. It wasn't  a rude,offensive, argumentative  or any type of disrespect to anyone, but you still banned me and never gave a reason even after several attempts i made to contact you via e-mail.

I'am sick and tired of Alpha treating their customers with a total lack of respect and a complete censorship of the true facts of the whole development stage of the miners.

You have totally missed your deadlines and have completely decided to ignore a paying customer who had stood by you for months on end as things went from bad to worse, I was willing to stand by you right till the end.  Since you have clearly broke our Terms of Order agreement i would like to request a total refund as you have failed to deliver a working miner in the time allocated as per our January terms of order. I would like to get this matter resolved amicably and would rather not take it further possibly via court.

You breached our Terms of Order agreement. In those terms you state:

1. Booked shipments will be delivered within Q2/Q3  (October) of Year 2014. Live updates shall be provided on exact shipping date.

Q3 passed on the last day of September. You have breached our Terms of Order and I demand a refund in full. Furthermore, the original product I ordered has changed substantially. The original power requirements were less than 375W; new specifications have the power requirement at around 1875W which makes it prohibitively expensive to run. When the product changed I was not asked if I wanted a refund.

From you I am claiming a full refund of in the amount of £1635

I have calculated this sum from the original invoice #0000 for the cost of £1635 Viper (Scrypt) Miners.

Listed below are the documents on which I intend to rely in my claim against you:
Your Terms of Order agreement
Your official emails

In accordance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct I would request that you provide me with copies of the following documents:

• All revisions of your Terms of Order, the current one being found at https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/
• A copy of all the official emails you've sent out from January -> October

I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts. I am not willing to entertain the possibility of anything less than a refund in full, though I am willing to concede a small and reasonable payment for processing my full refund.

In closing, I would draw your attention to section II (4) of the Practice Direction which gives the courts the power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with the direction including failing to respond to this letter before claim.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days.

Should I not receive a response to my e-mail within this time frame, then I anticipate that court action will be commenced with no further reference to you.

fightalpha

Re: Need help please on first email to alpha?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:27:46 pm »
Looks spot on. The original power requirements were less than 375W; new specifications have the power requirement at around 1875W.
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

Sanj

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:38:20 pm »
Great thanks, just found this on the old alpha updates i think, and it was 720w for the 25m/hs viper, so il just use that, or is this wrong?

Summary

ASIC Chip: 28/45nm @ 300-500Kh/s

Viper Board: Multiple ASIC Chips = 5,000Kh/s

Viper Miner (5 Mh/s): 1 x Viper Board, ~150 watts, 1u size rack mountable. Fully standalone.

Viper Miner (25 Mh/s): 5 x Viper Board, ~750 watts, 6u size rack mountable, fully standalone.

Note. The finalising of our ASIC design will not affect the end product hash-rate. 5Mh/s and 25Mh/s devices are final.

fightalpha

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 10:33:42 pm »
Good find. That looks good. I think the main idea is that they increased the wattage, and thus energy costs, significantly.
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0