News:

SMF - Just Installed!

astroman

Not a success story
« on: November 04, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »
Couldn't find a suitable subtopic to post this is in so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I've had zero luck getting any kind of refund. I paid the first tranche with a credit card and the balance with a SEPA bank transfer. Since I paid the first installment, my bank has closed their credit card division, terminated all credit cards and now has no interest in processing claims for payments to fraudsters. I have another claim, ongoing for over a year with them for another product (they lost all the paperwork on that, somewhat conveniently). I don't know who I should go to to pursue refunds on my now defunct credit card.

I got my other bank to send the SEPA transfer and later asked them to do a recall of the payment. They tried several times but there was no money in the Alpha account to extract a refund from. They suggested I contact the local police to pursue the matter,

Since I'm in Ireland, which would be the better course of action: 1) going though Money Claim or 2) going through the EU claims route?

johannes

Re: Not a success story
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 04:39:48 pm »
You can use this form:          Form A - Application for a European order for payment

https://e-justice.europa.eu/dynform_intro_form_action.do?refresh=1&idTaxonomy=156&plang=en&init=true&refresh=1

Print and send by letter to the court