News:

SMF - Just Installed!


superdblwide

Confirmed Paypal Refund - Initiated by Alpha
« on: November 18, 2014, 12:37:15 am »
Hello all,

I have been sending Alpha emails for weeks demanding either a new shipment date in writing or a 100% refund. Early Saturday morning (November 15th, 2014), they contacted Paypal and had Paypal issue me a refund of my 30% deposit. I have received these funds, they have been credited to the card that I used.

I am owed a 100% refund. A trader can not hide behind a terms of service. They accepted the money, and are by law required to provide the item by the agreed upon ship date. If they do not ship the item, the customer is entitled to a FULL refund. I have sent them multiple emails informing them of the balance due, and have yet to receive a response.

fightalpha

Re: Confirmed Paypal Refund - Initiated by Alpha
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:44:16 am »
Since you did not agree to a 30% refund as a "full and final settlement" in writing, then you did good. You now got 30% of your money and you can use for the other 70%. You would have to sue anyway.. just think of this as a little bit of money you got for free.
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

refundseeker

Re: Confirmed Paypal Refund - Initiated by Alpha
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 07:41:54 pm »
The only thing that their original TOS covered was a staggered declining refund process for the 30% down payment.  There is nothing in the TOS for  the 70% final payment so you have gotten back the portion that was under condition.  Now it is time to go after the 70%. There is nothing in writing about not refunding that larger portion back except AT stating they do not have the funds to do so. No excuse. No product. No prototype. They can't point to something that they are building now that just happens to be non working.   Strike now and get your money back, the 70%. You are entitled to get it all back. AT has no claim to it. AT missed the Q2/Q3 ship deadline.  Good luck...

superdblwide

Re: Confirmed Paypal Refund - Initiated by Alpha
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 10:45:08 pm »
@fightalpha and @refundseeker, thank you for your salient points. I agree 100%. I intend to follow the instructions posted here on the site to the letter, and will update with any responses I get from Alpha.