News:

SMF - Just Installed!

FreeJack2k2

Filing a "winding up" petition with the courts?
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:59:33 pm »
I have been speaking to a lawyer in the UK about this case and he says that Alpha have three County Court Judgments (CCJs) entered against them for a total of nearly £15,000, which they have failed to pay. Apparently, this only hurts their credit rating but does not prevent them from continuing to do business. So I'm told that even if we won a judgment against them for what we're owed, they would most likely simply refuse to pay it.

The next step in the process would be filing a "winding up" petition with the courts, which - if awarded - would then cause a liquidator to be assigned to winding up the company and satisfying its debts with the liquidated assets. He feels that its likely to cause Alpha to do a deal, in order to avoid being shut down completely.

fightalpha

Re: Filing a "winding up" petition with the courts?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:55:26 am »
Thank you. Can you ask the lawyer if he is comfortable with you posting his information here? My plan is to get a pool of funds together to force Alpha's hand and we'd most likely need a lawyer's help.
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

beta76

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 07:12:49 am »
Thank you guys for your good work here. Helped me a lot so far. If Alpha does not pay the CCJs we are fucked up. I think it would be a good idea if people who started a claim or well all the others too who are owed money by these fraudsters could join a group. Maybe admin could organize sth here. Such a group could finance liquidation, a lawyer etc.

FreeJack2k2

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:09:15 am »
Sent you a PM, FightAlpha, and also mentioned it to the lawyer who is up to speed on all of the Alpha-T nonsense, who suggested the winding up petition. I'll happily jump on board with any number of people to pursue it, I just can't foot the bill myself. As it is, it's really unlikely anyone will be paid short of this action and I can't throw more money at it just to get a judgment that Alpha will refuse to pay.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 05:20:44 pm »
hi

my brother has just finished study'ing law and works as a paralegal at a city firm now, he thinks that getting summary judgement will be easy as they have breached contract and are obviously being evasive. The problem is enforcing it with bailiffs or liquidators when they might not even be solvent and just declare bankruptcy anyway.

I would like to know how you know they have 3 CCJ's on them already? is this info publicly viewable? can it be paid for? the reason I ask is I dont know if its worth chasing at this point. I bought 1 miner, got 30% back and I can write it off as a loss and get quite a bit bank from the remaining 70%.

Would also be willing to spread the solicitor fees with you guys.

fightalpha

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:06:23 pm »
Thanks gets_me_a_refund... I'd suggest opening a case with MoneyClaim anyway.. there's a chance alpha won't respond and you'll get a judgement quickly. But there's also the chance that they'll drag it out. For me, they responded a bit then stopped responding so now I'm waiting on further instruction from the Court.
IF YOU WON a judgement, join us in this thread:
http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=143.0

FreeJack2k2

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »
The lawyer in the UK I have been speaking with told me that he had checked with the UK Companies House and found they had 3 CCJs against them, to the tune of 15,000 GBP, which they had not satisfied. I imagine at this point there are probably more. He said that although it'd hurt their credit, it wouldn't prevent them from continuing to operate their business not to pay them. I found that really disconcerting, personally...especially considering the fact that they probably aren't in a position where they NEED credit to operate.

hi

my brother has just finished study'ing law and works as a paralegal at a city firm now, he thinks that getting summary judgement will be easy as they have breached contract and are obviously being evasive. The problem is enforcing it with bailiffs or liquidators when they might not even be solvent and just declare bankruptcy anyway.

I would like to know how you know they have 3 CCJ's on them already? is this info publicly viewable? can it be paid for? the reason I ask is I dont know if its worth chasing at this point. I bought 1 miner, got 30% back and I can write it off as a loss and get quite a bit bank from the remaining 70%.

Would also be willing to spread the solicitor fees with you guys.